Earth Fest 2011, a gathering of eco-friendly vendors,
groups, children's activities and live entertainment, is set for 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., Sat., May 21 at the Oak Park Public Works Center, 201 South Blvd.
In its inaugural year, Earth Fest drew more than 250 people and event organizers hope to double that number in 2011. More than 40 vendors have already signed-on for the event. Some of the day’s scheduled highlights include:
- “Speed dating” with green building professionals — round robin with a builder, architect, and energy auditor
- Urban chicken farming
- Adoptable animals from the Oak Park Animal Care League
- Wellness screenings
- Eco-themed children’s books
- Bike sales and service from Dan’s Bike Shop
- A green limousine service
- Solar energy contractors
- Landscape information from Morton Arboretum
- Wind turbines
- Garden designers
Earth Fest 2011 also will coincide with a celebration of Public Works Day, which will feature an open house to give the public an inside look at the LEED-certified Public Works Center including an up-close look at the building and equipment, snacks and activities.
For more information on Earth Fest call 708.660.1443 or e-mail email@example.com