The Illinois Solar Energy Association, in partnership with the City of Naperville, is pleased to announce a request for renewable energy certificates generated from Illinois grid-tied solar photovoltaic systems 10 kW or smaller.
The time period of usage covered by this solicitation is May 1, 2012 thru April 30, 2013 ONLY.
ISEA offers the Renewable Energy Certificate Aggregation Program (RECAP) to Illinois solar photovoltaic (PV) system owners, providing them with an opportunity to receive payment for their Solar Renewable Energy Certificates (SRECs).
The aggregated SRECs from RECAP supply the solar portion of the City of Naperville's Renewable Energy Program. This partnership is the first market example of SREC transactions in Illinois. Prior to the RECAP program implementation, only large energy producers had the ability to sell their SRECs. This program was created in 2008 to provide revenue stream for small PV system owners and to support Illinois distributed generation solar development
To qualify for RECAP, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an active member with ISEA (Individual membership for a residential system, business membership for a commercial system) Join Now
- Own and operate an Illinois grid-tied solar photovoltaic system with any utility in Illinois (must be net metered)
- System size must be 10 kW alternating current (AC) or smaller with a Level 1 or related interconnection
- Own SRECs and have not otherwise sold or delivered them to another party (No 3rd party SRECs accepted)
- Ability to monitor solar electricity production on a quarterly basis (1 application per member per year)
- System must be installed and operational before applying
All applicants are required to provide proof of system
RECAP is an annual program and requires a yearly application. Applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis and will be cut off when the cap is met
Application for the RECAP program is a two step process.
- Fill out the online Application. This application is time/date stamped.
- Once it has been determined how many SRECs are needed for the Naperville program, Green-e attestation forms will be requested from the applicants in the order that the initial application was received.
Please note: RECAP applicants accepted into the 2012-13 program will need to be able to complete all of the information on the Green-e Attestation form and have the required supplemental documents if this is the first time applying.
2012-13 SRECs will be purchased for $105. Quantity of SRECs available for purchase will be announced in June.
This solicitation is only a proposal and no guarantee of purchase in any form is implied at this time.
For further information, please visit the RECAP page