Green Jobs and Opportunities
July 30, 2014
Job Opportunities from Microgrid Solar
Job Title: Solar Operations Technician
Area: Operations & Engineering
Status: Full time employee
Reporting to: Project Manager or Director of Operations
Apply here: https://www.hiretrue.com/hiretrue/showJobBoardPositions.do?jobBoardPK=224
Microgrid Solar is seeking a motivated and self-starting individual to join the Microgrid Operations Team as a Solar Operations Technician (Ops Tech) to work on fast paced and exciting residential solar PV projects. The Ops Tech position is entry level and will support our solar Operation and Sales teams.
Microgrid Solar is based in St. Louis, MO but the Ops Tech will be operating out of the Chicago, IL area, so the Ops Tech will be the eyes and ears of the Operations team during project planning and execution. This person must have exceptional organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills. They will have to gather, record, and maintain site specific information for 30 to 50 projects at a time, communicate quickly and clearly pertinent information about each project to the Operations and Sales teams, and build and maintain professional relationships with residential clients and installation sub-contractors.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assessment of technical site conditions including building characteristics, roof layout, roof structure and electrical distribution
• Create and maintain detailed records of site assessment findings in a clear and organized manner
• Communicate site assessment findings to Operations and Sales staff for project planning
• Build professional relationship with residential clients and be the face of the company
• Supervise sub-contractor installation crews and report project progress back to Project Manager or Director of Operations
QUALIFICATIONS / PREREQUISITES
• Organizational, verbal and written communications skills
• Understanding of energy, power, and construction, including reading construction drawings
• Must be comfortable on ladders and rooftops, capable of using fall protection systems with harnesses, comfortable and competent with residential electrical equipment
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; willingness to learn other software packages
• Attention to detail
• Passion to learn new things, through self-study and structured settings
• Advanced training in a technical field, electrical construction or engineering preferred
• Understanding of residential electrical systems
• Familiarity with National Electrical Code (NEC 2011)
• OSHA-10 certified
• NABCEP Certified PV Installer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Microgrid is a triple-bottom-line company that focuses on our people as our most valuable resource. Microgrid has a competitive benefits package that gets better every year. Upon completing the probationary period, the qualified candidate can expect enrollment in Microgrid’s health insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, and other benefits, as appropriate and available. Salary will be negotiated based on qualifications. Microgrid will reimburse for approved training and education. The candidate is responsible for his/her own cell phone and transportation with appropriate insurance and clean driving record.
Position: Sales Consultant - Commercial Accounts
Location: Chicago, IL
Compensation: Base salary, plus performance based incentives and profit sharing plan. Benefits include company paid health plan, expenses. Total compensation package based on experience.
Responding: Interested parties should submit a resume and a short summary of what sets you apart from other likely candidates. Send to: email@example.com Please do not call the company office. Appointments for interviews will be arranged by email.
Description: Sales position in the Chicago area with fast growing commercial solar installation company based out of St. Louis, MO. Work with residences and businesses to sell solar services. This is an exciting, fast paced industry requiring smarts and motivation to succeed.
Skills & qualifications we are looking for: Demonstrated abilities to meet sales goals, present professionally, learn quickly, and work as part of a team. This position does not require background in Solar or Energy, although such knowledge would be a plus. Ability to listen to the needs of a client, communicate the excitement associated with the services/products our company offers, and close deals. Required college degree and current residence in the Chicago area.
• Make Presentations – very little prospecting; set appointments and make professional presentations.
• Write Proposals – utilize our proposal generator to produce professional proposals.
• Close – If you are not a closer, please don’t apply.
• Use of CRM – Requirement to record all sales related data in CRM.
• Network – attend events with networking opportunities; get involved in industry and community groups.
• Learn - Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
July 9, 2014
Job Opportunities from Earth Wind and Solar Energy
Contact: Please send an email to John Caravette, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your resume attached, as well as a paragraph explaining why this opportunity is a good fit for you.
Earth Wind And Solar Energy a leading Chicago-based Solar Energy Company is seeking an installer to provide support to the project foremen of the installation team and aid in the successful completion and installation of photovoltaic, solar thermal and wind turbine systems. The ideal candidate will have some prior experience in electrical, roofing, and plumbing fields. Possess conduit bending skills, sweat copper pipe and must have an aptitude for mechanical integration of equipment and components. Experience and passion for the solar energy industry is preferred.
Responsibilities may include:
• Pulling inventory for each installation job.
• Pre-assemble job components in the warehouse.
• Precise and Neat Conduit and Piping Runs.
• Assist in layout and assembly of solar modules/array and mounting hardware.
• Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment.
• Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC).
• Clean up of job site, maintain truck cleanliness.
• Team player
• Previous experience in solar installations, electrical, roof work, general construction, or carpentry strongly preferred
• Understanding/experience with electrical wiring of AC and DC systems strongly preferred
• Experience with the safe use of hand-held and power tools
• Experience working with all types of building materials - various roof types - stucco, wood, concrete, etc. strongly preferred
• Ability to work in extreme environments; ie: hot sun, crawl spaces, cold days
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 45 lbs
• Must have a clean driving record and reliable transportation to and from work
• All candidates to be hired must successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Must have knowledge of OSHA compliance standards or familiarity with formal safety practices
• Must have own hand tools
June 24, 2014
Job Opportunities from Agentis Energy
Position: Director of Sales
Agentis Energy is a Chicago-based software and technology firm working with top utility companies to revolutionize the way businesses make smart energy decisions. Leveraging the Smart Grid, the Agentis Platform integrates Big Data with proprietary analytics and enables utilities to help their business customers become more energy efficient.The energy-efficiency economy is highly competitive. That’s why the Director of Sales candidate must understand the underlying currents of the industry, prefer the challenge of enterprise sales to anything else and be comfortable building relationships with the top-tier decision makers at large organizations.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
Agentis Energy offers a competitive salary, benefits and bonus structure based on experience and performance. We value teamwork, innovation and productivity and foster an exciting and committed work environment that will help you become successful and grow in your position.
May 22, 2014
Job Opportunities from Solar Micronics, Inc.
Position: Solar Intern (Marketing)
Duties: Prepare Marketing brochures, research lead generation companies for solar leads, write proposals for solar projects (Chicago, Midwest, and other areas), follow up on leads, procure solar customers, research social media for promotion of solar installations, carry out the promotional programs on social media for the company
Position: Marketing Executive (solar)
Duties: Be responsible for developing the residential market in Illinois; initially be responsible for all the residential sales, but be ready to develop a sales team within a period of 6-12 months to handle the burgeoning residential market. Be capable of writing proposals in response to RFPs, prepare marketing materials, develop and implement a Marketing budget. Familiarity with social media a distinct plus. Service commercial customers if needed.
Qualifications: Preferably 2-3 years’ experience in sales/marketing in the solar field with demonstrated success. Degree in Business/Marketing preferred. Must have good writing skills as well. Aggressive, goal-oriented person preferred.
We are a medium-sized solar company currently focused on Commercial solar installations. We are planning to expand into the residential market, and thus need a capable Marketing Executive for leading the residential division.
Position: Solar Installer
Duties: Be capable of recruiting, and training a crew to handle the business of residential installations. Preferably have NABCEP certification.
Preferably 3-5 years’ experience in grid-connected rooftop solar installations; experience in ground mount a plus. Familiarity with both DC side, and AC side required.
March 3, 2014
Illinois Solar Energy Association - Program Development Internship
This is a great opportunity for recent gradates or candidates seeking to learn more about local energy markets and to work to advance the acceleration of the solar industry in Illinois.
The ISEA Program Development Intern will be involved in program expansion, best practice, grant and policy research, member communications, website management, event coordination and various other tasks.
For more information visit our internship posting.
ISEA Business Members