POLICY ACTION ALERT
It is imperative that anyone with a vested interest in the development of solar in Illinois participate in this Public Hearing regarding the certification of distributed generation installers. This is your opportunity to voice your opinion on how these rules will affect your business and the growth of solar in Illinois.
Monday, December 10th
2 Illinois Commerce Commission Locations
527 East Capitol Avenue
160 N. LaSalle St, Suite C-800
Anyone from the public may attend and comment.
The current Distributed Generation Installer Certification rules (Docket 12-0213) specify that only “Qualified Persons” may connect a solar PV array to the grid. A “Qualified Person” is defined as:
- An apprentice or journeyman electrician who has completed a United States Department of Labor Registered Electrical Apprenticeship and Training Program and received a certification of satisfactory completion.
- Or a person who has satisfactorily completed at least twenty installations of DG technologies
The Application fee for certification is $3,000 with an annual recertification report of $500. Penalty for noncompliance is $6,000.
The ISEA believes these rules will:
- Negatively impact solar industry growth
- Place burdensome financial requirements onto small businesses
- Displace highly trained individuals from employment
Please RSVP to ISEA so we know who will be attending either the Springfield or Chicago meeting.