The Illinois Solar Energy Association, in partnership with the City of Naperville, is pleased to announce a request for renewable energy certificates generated from Illinois grid-tied solar photovoltaic systems 25 kW or smaller.
The time period of usage covered by this solicitation will be July 1, 2015 through December 31, 2016 ONLY.
The RECAP application will be released on, Monday January 23rd at noon. It can be accessed here at that time.
ISEA offers the Renewable Energy Credit Aggregation Program (RECAP) to Illinois solar photovoltaic (PV) system owners, providing them with an opportunity to receive payment for their Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs).
RECAP is an annual program and requires a yearly application.
ISEA will be accepting applications in 2017 on a first come, first served basis.
RECAP is a partnership with The City of Naperville. The aggregated SRECs from RECAP supply the solar portion of the City of Naperville Renewable Energy Program. This partnership is the first market example of SREC transactions in Illinois. Prior to the RECAP program implementation, only large energy producers had the ability to sell their SRECs. This program was created in 2008 to provide an additional revenue stream for small PV system owners and to support Illinois distributed generation solar development.
SRECS- Solar photovoltaic systems have two outputs – electricity and solar renewable energy certificates (SRECs). For every 1 MWh (1000 kWh) of solar electricity generated, one SREC is attributed. SRECs are tradable, non-tangible pollution abatement rights. They are not paper certificates that you receive from a utility, but rather a system created to distinguish energy produced from renewable sources that don't create pollution.
To qualify for RECAP, you must meet the following criteria:
Application for the RECAP program is a two step process.
- Be an active member with ISEA (Individual membership for a residential system, business membership for a commercial system) Join Now
- Own and operate an Illinois grid-tied solar photovoltaic system with any utility in Illinois (must be net metered)
- System size must be 25 kW alternating current (AC) or smaller *Level 1 or related interconnection
- Own SRECs and have not otherwise sold or delivered them to another party (No 3rd party SRECs accepted)
- Ability to monitor solar electricity production on a quarterly basis (1/1-3/31, 4/1-6/30, 7/1-9/30, 10/1-12/31)
- 1 application per member per year
- System must be installed and operational before applying
- All applicants are required to provide proof of system
- Fill out the online application. This application, which is time/date stamped, will be assigned a previously generated random number.
- Green-e attestation forms will be requested from the applicants in the order that the initial application was received.
Please note: RECAP applicants accepted into the 2015-16 program will need to be able to complete all of the information on the Green-e Attestation form and have the required supplemental documents if this is the first time applying.
2015-16 SRECs will be purchased for $54. The City of Naperville will purchase 190 MWh of SRECs to fulfill the Naperville Renewable Energy program needs.